Expo 2020 Dubai
Experience the unique Expo 2020 with your kiddos and enjoy a truly memorable Expo experience for you and the whole family. Choose between hundreds of special activities and experiences that will leave an extraordinary mark on your lives.
Whether it’s singing along with the Expo 2020 Dubai mascots, experiencing interactive shows or unique performances, there are lots of kid-friendly entertainment on offer.
For a duration of six whole months, your days will be filled with one-of-a-kind events, activities and more.
FAMILY FRIENDLY ENTERTAINMENT
1. Mascot Welcome
As part of the perfect start to their journey at Expo 2020 Dubai, families and students will get an unexpected surprise and a warm welcome from Rashid, Latifa and one of the robot guardians Alif, Opti and Terra at each of the entrance gates.
2. Roving Entertainment
A dazzling array of acts will roam the Expo site, enchanting, delighting and entertaining crowds, queues and visitors wandering around the district. The Roving Entertainment will be unique and different with some never-before-seen acts in the region. Traditions and global celebrations will be highlighted on Special Days with culturally curated musicians, dancers and street performers.
3. Daily Entertainment
During the six months, over 60 family-friendly shows will be happening everyday, such as pop-ups, special events, street festivals, parades, concerts surprises and guest appearances. Heighten your senses, with everything from opera to A-listers, pop-up theatres to flash mobs, and parades to national day celebrations. Lots of fun for little kiddos and big kids.
4. Theme Weeks Addressing Global Challenges
Help your kiddos learn more about humanity’s most critical challenges and opportunities through a cultural, social, environmental and economic lens. Join an exchange of inspiring new perspectives that tackle the greatest challenges and opportunities of our time, from climate to connectivity, space exploration to the future of human health, and much more.
5. Innovation and Technology
Unleash your kiddo's inner techie, discover life-changing innovations and experience a truly connected high-tech world.
6. Education Programmes
Make the world your classroom. Expo 2020 is connecting students and teachers throughout the UAE for a once-in-a-lifetime learning and cultural experience.
FAMILY FRIENDLY SERVICES
Since the Expo is for all ages, a range of services will be provided to make your visit as smooth and memorable as possible:
1. Special Rates for Children
Free access, with unlimited entries for the entire 6 months of Expo, is available for kids and youth under 18, as well as for tertiary and higher education students.
2. Parks, Playgrounds and Family Areas
Rest your feet while the kids play and run free.
3. Kid-friendly Activities
Be delighted by interactive exhibits, activities and workshops, and a world of extraordinary possibilities.
4. Children’s Menus and Family-friendly Dining Options
There’s no such thing as a picky eater with their menus.
5. Stroller Rentals
Strollers are available for rent at Information Points, which are located by the four main entrance gates and throughout the Expo 2020 site.
6. Expo People Mover
The people mover is a free and unticketed bus system that runs around the perimeter of the Expo site and is fully accessible for families with baby strollers.
7. Golf Buggies
They have a limited number of golf buggies available for hire at each of the four main entrance gates.
8. First Aid
If anyone begins to feel ill or needs medical assistance, they can visit one of the seven First Aid posts. All staff are equipped to provide visitors with the necessary care in an emergency.
9. Family Toilets, Breastfeeding Rooms and Changing Facilities
In the Visitor Centers, they have dedicated family toilets, breastfeeding rooms equipped with bottle-warming facilities, and changing and shower facilities in all male/female restrooms.
10. Meeting Point for Lost Children
If your kid becomes separated from you, they’ll be escorted to the nearest Information Point. Their staff at any Information Point can help let you know if your child has been located, so you can be reunited.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Visitors 18 years and above must present proof of any Covid-19 vaccine recognised by their national government or a negative PCR test taken within the previous 72 hours
- Children below 18 years and adults 60 years and above go for FREE
- Prepare to wait in long queues during peak hours
- Prepare to walk long distances as the Expo site is huge. We recommend you take along strollers for your littlest ones.
- Download the Expo 2020 app to stay updated on daily activities and plan your visit accordingly. Volunteers on-site can also provide you with a QR code that will show you the day's schedule of activities.
- Bring along plenty of water for your whole family
- If you plan to visit Expo 2020 more than 3 or 4 times, opt for the Season Pass that allows you daily entry until Expo 2020 closes end of March 2022.
- There is a dedicated parking area closer to the gate for Nissan cars. It's located in both the Sustainability and Mobility parking zones. Spots are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.